Friday, October 2, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

Hello all, today is a beautiful day. It's about 78 degrees out and just gorgeous. It's one of those days that makes you want to be outside even if you really have stuff inside to do. I had to work on my basil plant a little earlier, so that was my excuse to enjoy some of the beautiful weather.

So we accepted the offer on the house. Closing is set at November 3, we didn't change that. But now we have to get the rest of this stuff gone. We had someone lined up to buy our dressers, but they have since backed out, so that's one more thing to do. Oh well, Craigslist here we come!!!!!

When we started going through our stuff earlier I planned on getting rid of my stand mixer. I didn't want to bring it into the RV because it's heavy and big (well not huge, but bigger than a hand mixer). But it hasn't sold and I got it out about a week ago. I've since decided that I can not part with it right now. I've wanted one since I was 10 years old, and now that I have it I don't think I need to get rid of it. I'll make it fit. :)

My biggest project I need to do is to start going through Autumn's stuff. It's the one thing I have been really really puting off. She loves all of her toys so much that it's going to be hard to get rid of most of them. I am going to buy her a pink (or purple) rubbermaid container this weekend to put the toys in that we are keeping.

I still haven't decided what to do with her Precious Moments figures. I don't think I can sell them, but I don't know where they will fit in the RV. Maybe that's one thing that will have to be packed up and put in storage at someone's house. I don't want to keep a lot of stuff in storage, hopefully just one box (and my wedding dress) of little figures like that and my pictures that aren't on the computer. That's my goal anyway.

We looked at a couple RV's last night. We really (really really) liked one we looked at. It was a 41' toy hauler. It was so roomy that it had an island in the kitchen!!!! It was HUGE! We really considered buying it, but alas it was more than we want to spend and amazingly Zach was the one who grounded us on it. That's usually me, but he came through first and said he didn't think we should do it.

So we are going to check on financing the one we originally went to see last night. It's a 30' fifth wheel. Not nearly as big, but it's more like what we want to spend. I can't see spending $40,000 on one when we are supposed to be humbling ourselves and simplifying our lives to be able to give more money to those who are less fortunate than us. It's kind of backwards if we go out and buy the biggest and best one we can find.

That's where we are now. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening. We've been waiting so long that there were some times I didn't think this would ever happen. But here it is, and we are so excited to do it. It's so great that we both have the same dreams. I love my life. :)

4 comments:

  1. Have you considered getting a small storage unit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do it! Storage units are expensive and you have plenty of relatives that will let you keep a box or two for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did consider it at first. But then decided that the money we would spend on it would be put to better use. So we are going to be asking family to let us keep one or two boxes at their house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....packing the children's favorite toys...the ones you can't take in the RV...is the best idea. If friends or relatives could keep them (the boxes) for now that would be great. Believe me giving away or selling you children's toys will come back to haunt you..take it from me and my personal experience from years ago. My children are adults now, but once in awhile I hear about what things of theirs I gave away.

    ReplyDelete