Thursday, October 8, 2009

Doing What Is Right

The reality of what we're doing is starting to set in. I'm getting so emotional about everything now it's ridiculous. It's like a deep dark cloud has come over me and I can't get any light through it. I know that it's the right thing to do, because it isn't easy. The right things never are.

I've been reading my favorite full time rv forum all morning. I read some of these stories about why people are full timing. Most chose to so that they could travel and see the country. But a few are doing it because they don't really have any other option. Illness, job loss or other circumstances beyond their control have pushed them to the point that they can no longer afford to live in their homes, so they move into their rv's, or sell off all their posessions so they can afford to buy one because they know they are going to lose their house soon.

It's their stories that remind me of why we're doing this. The ones that even though they did all the things right, they watched helplessly as their lives fell apart. Or the ones who never got to see their lives come together because they just couldn't catch a break.

God put us here to help each other. The world tells us that we need to help ourselves first. But if we take care of each other, God will take care of us. I know that if God had done things the way we wanted him to, we never would have learned this lesson. Not to the point that we have.

I think it's something we all say and think, but when it comes down to it we expect someone else to do it. Not us, God doesn't expect us to buy groceries for the family who's dad just lost his job, or that single mom who is working two jobs just to make ends meet. That's what the government or church is for. There are special groups that do those kinds of things. We don't have to do that. We'll just pray that those groups stay around, yeah those are nice groups.

Don't get me wrong, those groups are really good, but what's so difficult about picking up an extra bag of groceries and dropping it off at someone's house??? Or if you know of someone who could use some help fixing up their house or fixing their car why not volunteer to come help them??

These are the things we should be doing for each other. Don't expect someone else to take care of it, if we all think like that, then no one will stand up and do what's right.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of the hardships you and your family are enduring. I know there are a lot of people out there sharing similar experiences. I hope this works out well for you and that the blessings that God holds for you will become clear. Hugs...Tricia

    ReplyDelete