Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing New

It's been a little over a week since I posted anything. There is a very good reason for that. Nothing has happened. Absolutely nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true. We did have a realtor call and tell us she wanted to show our house. She called on a Sunday night and wanted to show it Monday afternoon. This wasn't just any realtor, it was the first realtor we listed the house with. She knew everything about our house and lot. She knows how big it is and everything. So I spent all day last Monday cleaning and cleaning and cleaning some more. 8 hours of cleaning. Cleaning everything that you don't normally pay attention to, but since someone was looking at the house I wanted to make sure it was perfect.

So I finally get done and they show up. Autumn and I are leaving so that they can look at the house without us here and as we walk outside the realtor tells me not to leave because our house isn't going to work for them anyway. They need to park an RV on the lot, and ours isn't wide enough for that. SO WHY DID YOU EVEN SUGGEST MY HOUSE!?!?!?!?! I was just slightly irritated with her. They looked at it anyway and then left.

That's what has happened in the last week. In a whole week that is it. Sad huh??? We did go to Tallahassee Saturday. We couldn't have a garage sale because it rained so we headed up to the co-op. It's about 2 1/2 hours away, but it's the closest place for me to get raw nuts. It was a nice trip and while we were there we stopped by Camping World and looked at their RV's. We found one we really like, it's used though so I'm not sure it's going to be there when the house sells. But the lady that showed us the RV's was really nice and it was fun to look at some more.

We still have another lady really interested in the house. She is supposed to come look at it about the 29. There is another lady that likes it too. She's moving in the fall, so that's soon. We are just holding on and letting God give us the right person.

Zach has been looking for a truck to pull the RV with. He has his car up for sale and is willing to trade for a truck. We are looking for a diesel 2500 or 3500. A guy called last night and wanted to trade for his Ram 2500, but it's worth about $3000 less than the Mustang and that's not gonna happen, it's not even a diesel.

So we are doing a few things, there just isn't much to do until the house actually sells. We are going to the church garage sale Saturday and hopefully selling a lot of what we have left. It's so weird to want to be rid of things. I even stop and think before I buy something now. I ask myself if I really need it and will it fit in the RV or is it just something else I'm going to have to get rid of. I can honestly say that since we started this I have only bought food and vitamins.

So hopefully some new stuff will happen and I will have some more interesting to write about. Just keep praying that God sends us the right person to buy the house (and if you could mention that we have learned patience and that we will consult with him before we make our decisions from now on that would be awesome too). Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment