Friday, October 7, 2011

A Trip and Some Temporary Changes

I wish I had something insightful to talk about today.  But I don't.  Well, I have plenty of things I could get into, I do love to talk.  But today has been a crying kind of day.  I should be estatic, I've been packing all day for a trip away from home.  The kind of trip where we drop our daughter off with her grandparents for 5 days and spend time just me and my love. 

But the reason we are taking this trip together is because my love is deploying, in the near future.  Before he goes, we are going to have some time together.  So yes, I should be very excited about my trip (though I've never been away from my daughter for more than 2 nights, and that is causing some stress too).  But all I can do is think about why we're doing it. I don't want to ruin our trip because I was sad the whole time.  I want to enjoy it.

We're planning on going gold panning, visiting some very dear friends and some wonderful family, visiting a winery or two, just spending some time together.  He will be gone for the holidays, our anniversary and my birthday (coming home just in time for his birthday, the little stinker).  So we are celebrating everything now. 

So my blog is probably going in a slightly different direction for the next few months.  I'm going to try and be transparent about this whole deployment.  There might be days I'm strong and other days I'm a whiny little kid (I give you full permission to skip reading those days).  I'm hoping that by posting here, instead of my facebook page, I won't alienate too many of my friends who will inevitably get tired of the whining about missing my love. 

You see, he and I have learned to do everything together.  We never have put down roots and tried to be a part of a community, so it's always been just us.  So when we're apart, it's torture (not unlike a lot of marriages).  But since we've been at our new home, we've tried to be active in finding friends.  We belong to an amazing church (which I will be depending on sooo much to help me get through).  So, in a way we will be forced to grow as individuals while we're apart (I'm really getting into sewing and quilting even starting a ministry at our church), but still staying connected (even more so) as a couple. 

If you know me, you know how absolutely crazy I am about him (I still like to doodle his name like a school girl does with her crush).  So, please be kind when I ramble about him and how much I miss him. 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment