Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still Alive

I'm a terrible blogger. It's been a year since I've written anything. I guess that's how life can be sometimes. It comes in waves. There's been a couple of times I've wanted to write something, but then I told myself that it's been so long, that I should just close it out.  But now I realize that life has different times in it and for the past year I've been in a different wave.

So I'm back, for now anyway.  :)  The plan is to stay, but who knows what the next wave will bring or when it will come.  So, the last time I posted we were still living in Florida.  We had just sold the RV and were moving into a house on base.  Well, now we live in Nevada.  It's hot here too.


I like our house, but after the RV it feels much much too big.  I miss the RV.  I miss having a small home (though our house is 1700 sq ft. and I'm told that's small).  Our dream house is under 900 sq ft and set on around 20 acres of land (preferably off the grid).  We want a garden and some animals.  We want enough extra from that garden to help feed others. 

So we're coming upon some hard, life changing decisions.  The kind of decisions that can't be made on a whim.  They take careful planning and consideration.  But most of all, tons and tons of prayer.  I know that if we are to see our dreams fulfilled, we are going to have to leave our comfortable and secure life.  To become modern day pioneers if you will. 

So that's where we're at right now.  Hopefully in the near future we'll be a few steps closer to our dream.  But I know for now, we must be patient and do the things we can from where we are now (like getting completely out of debt).  I pray that I don't lose focus of our goals.  It's so easy to get wrapped up in this world and totally forget about your dreams and goals.  But luckily for me, when I write about these, it keeps me focused more on my goals and less on the world. 

Until next time (no promises, but hopefully next time is this week.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment