Saturday, October 23, 2010

CLEARANCE

Clearance.

Does any other word sound so sweet???  I love the sound of that word. Say it with me CLEARANCE.  What can be better than getting exactly what you need at less than half the price?  

Today we had two missions as we started out. The first being to find some furniture for our rather empty house. And the second was to find our little Autumn Bottom some much needed clothes (she is doing that rather annoying thing kids do and outgrowing all of hers).  

Since it's such a beautiful Saturday and we knew of several rather large garage sales going on, we decided it was a perfect opportunity to get what we need.  But after 10 sales we found.....NOTHING!!!!!  Seriously, no one was selling anything we needed.  Don't get me wrong a lot of people were selling furniture, but just because I want to buy used furniture doesn't mean I want ugly furniture.  :)

 But that brings us to my favorite word.  Let's say it again....CLEARANCE!!!!!  You see Autumn Bottom still needed clothes.  So off to the stores we went.  I'm happy to say my beloved clearance racks did not dissapoint me today. She got a whole new wardrobe for a ridiculously low amount of money

So now  I got to share with all of you my love of the clearance rack.  I am usually very devoted to my love, but you will catch me straying to a plain old sale rack, and very very rarely I will stray so far from my love and buy something for full price.  Oh the horror of that.  Those are my very weak moments when I see something and don't think I can live without it.
I try really hard to limit those times because that's not being a good steward of the resources I've been given, but I am just a human after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment